|Deviant Login||Shop||Join deviantART for FREE||Take the Tour|
Children's Book Vexel Contest + entriesTheme
Do you remember that time when you went to sleep and your parent read you your favourite story?
Imagine that you can go back to those awesome times by creating a cover of your favourite book.
1. All works MUST be vexels. I will NOT accept any photos, photomaniplations, digital drawings, vectors etc. If you're unsure if your entry is a vexel please follow this link: The New Vexel Definition to find out what vexels are.
2. You can NOT trace/copy an existing cover.
3. You can use your own and/or DA stock, as long as you state in art's comment that photos used as stock were yours and/or made by other deviantArt artist.
4. Don't break any DA rules.
5. You can add title/author/any needed text that can be found on covers, it's all up to you!
6. Please include author's name and book's title in your entry's description. This means it has to be an exist
You Were Not An Aquarium BoySea-glass became your bones,
brine your blood, and seashells
melded into your skin.
You were not quite an ocean
when you said "This is your sign to love me."
My body was like a building;
tall, cold, almost unbreakable.
I was metallic and sharp,
towering over your waters.
I remember taking your hand in mine,
conch and coral shells scrubbing
my skyscraper wrists, and laughing
about how one day you would
submerge every last bit of me.
Your lips, riddled with argonauts,
found my cheek and I cringed
at the coarseness.
You asked if they bothered me
and I finally told you "I
think I love you."
Keep in Touch!
Endorell-Taelos is very well known within the community for her selfless giving and gracious community spirit. Since joining DeviantART over seven years ago, Alicia has continued to make a positive impact on many deviants. Her helpful and thoughtful approach was one of her finest attributes when serving as a Community Volunteer, and this has continued throughout the many contests which Alicia provides on a regular basis. As we approach our Birthday celebrations, we can't... Read More