1st of all Happy New Year!
If you are new to Vexels, read on to find out what they are. If you're already familiar with them, read on and maybe you'll find out something interesting that is new to you
Vexels are quite similar to Vectors, they look nearly the same. But if someone says they are the same he or she is wrong! Why?
Term Vexel is a mix of words vector and pixel and, unlike Vectors that are made using vector layers, Vexels are made of layered shapes on raster layers. That means that if you zoom your Vexel to 600% you will get a blurry image, while when it comes to Vectors your image will stay sharp.
What is allowed and what is forbidden when creating 100% Vexels:
- vector layers as long as you rasterize them before saving the final JPG/PNG
- brushes if using the stroke path method
- all kinds of gradients and solid shapes created using the pen tool
- airbrushing, painting
- feathered, soft or photo brushes
- any kinds of photos or photo textures, unles they are 100% Vexels
- layer styles: drop/inner shadow, inner/outer glow, bevels, satin etc.
- gradient mesh
If you're still unsure what Vexels are don't hesitate to ask me
November and December Daily Deviations
The new Vexel definition
What is Vexel Art?
Vexels in 2011
:thumb195217326: :thumb204104963: :thumb210948979: :thumb208073108: :thumb258217176: :thumb262856114: :thumb265724680:
Suggest a Daily Deviation
1. I will only accept suggestions from Digital art > Vexel.
2. Make sure the person that's being suggested hasn't recieved a DD in past 3 months.
I don't mind giving Daily Deviations to artists who already have over 4
DDs but I preffer giving it to someone who hasn't got any.
4. You can suggest yourself.
5. Feel free to write a reason why you think a certain vexel should be featured.
Short summary of Vexel Art in 2011
Thanks a lot for including my vexels ! And the other vexels in this journal are amazing, so many I didn't see before
thanks for including my work
happy new year!
happy new year!
some of the rules over what counts as a vexel seem pretty pedantic, to the point where in order to actually make a vexel you're restricting yourself unnecessarily, what's the point of that?
beautiful collection and nice retrospective
I love the buge variety there is in vexel, it proves that it has nothing to do with mimicing vector style